Saturday, November 7, 2009

DPreview on EOS 7D

Source: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos7d/



This is the answer from Canon to fight back the DSLR APS-C market. It is good, and it is even better than D300s. I like this 7D. When I get it on hand, I have no incentive to get the 5DII anymore. The viewfinder is so bright that you can never imagine that it is just a APS-C gear!

This world famous DPreview totally agrees with these points. You can see a long long list of "pros", with only 4 items in "cons". There seems no doubt that this product is a successful fight back...

But then?

It cannot take back the fans who moved to Nikon in these years, because of the following 2 reasons

1) Flash. Even the flash from SB-900 is better than your own 580 EXII. How can I use this gear to take protrait?
2) Wide lens. The king Nikon 14-24 beats all of the Canon L lens in the world at the moment. Then why should I choose Canon for landscape? Even though Canon did the best APS-C lens 10-22 in the world, but no one rewards it for landscape.

Without resolving these 2 questions, I cannot see why those N guys will move back to C.

PS: I'm C ppl, but I'm not C fans. Good is good, bad is bad.

****
If you think that this passage is good, please help and click the sponsors on the right hand side for support. Thanks for reading!

****
Good photo comes from our soul, NEVER from our camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment